Here’s a quickie one-shot notion for you: a group of lifelong friends hop in the car to drive cross-country. They’re on the road to experience the event of a lifetime: their cult’s raising of an ancient one from the vasty deep of time and space.
Plot points of interest might include:
- Racing fellow cultists from a rival lodge, competing to be the sacrificial offering that clinches the ceremony.
- Staying ahead of the scattered agents of the Brotherhood of Argus, meddling do-gooders sworn to block the advances of the player character’s beloved ancient master.
- Resisting the temptation of mutual deflowerment, making one unsuitable for sacrifice.
- Living up to the expectations of one’s father or mother, a leading figure in the global cult organization.
- Juggling the duties of the cult with one’s uninitiated significant other.